Dark spots under the arms can be the result of improper cleaning, sweating, dead skin cells, inheritance or friction caused by different types of clothing. In some people, it may be due to the use of shaving products or deodorants containing alcohol.
Although the spots under the arms most of the time do not present any health problems, they are very inconvenient because even if the person scratches, it seems as if the armpits have hair.
Fortunately, there are several ways to remove these stains naturally.
Home remedies to remove stains under the armpits
1. Lemon and baking soda to clear the armpits
Lemon is a very popular skin bleach. Make a paste of baking soda with lemon and apply it in the armpits every day for a week. In case the skin is irritated then reduce the use. After the week is used every 3 or 4 days. Do not rub too hard because it can irritate the skin. This paste not only removes stains but also reduces sweating and bad odor. Do not use after shaving because it can burn.
2. Potato Juice
Potato is another ingredient that is widely used to whiten the skin and has the advantage that it does not irritate. To make this recipe, grate the raw potato in a cheese grater and pick up the juice in a clean gauze. Put the toy in the armpits. Leave for 20 minutes and wash. Repeat every day until you see results.
3. Sugar and oil scrub
You can make a mixture of sugar and olive oil to exfoliate the area under the arms and reveal lighter skin. Repeat a maximum of three times a week. It is not recommended to wear after shaving as it can burn. If skin irritates, do not use.
4. Lemon, cucumber and turmeric to bleach the armpits
We continue with the lemon to remove stains. Make a paste with 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this paste over the armpits and wash after 20 minutes. Turmeric, lemon and cucumber are ingredients widely used in home remedies to lighten the skin.
5. Natural yogurt and turmeric
Make a mixture using a spoonful of turmeric and two tablespoons of plain yogurt (yogurt without flavor). It is put under the armpits and allowed to act for half an hour. It is washed and repeated every day.
It is important to note that these tricks do not work overnight. Clearing the skin is a process that takes several weeks. Usually the results begin to see in about four weeks.
Other tips for underarm bleaching include
1. Depilate with wax instead of shaving, as when the person shaves the ends of the hairs remain and if they are dark they will make the area appear dark. While waxing, wax removes root hairs.
2. Look at your nutrition. Check with your doctor to see if you can start taking a multivitamin supplement since sometimes the dark underarms are due to some vitamin deficiency.
3. Medical Conditions. In some cases underarm stains may be due to medical conditions or side effects of some medications. In that case you should check with the doctor to see if there are other options.
4. Change deodorant. In some cases these dark spots may be due to a skin reaction to some ingredient in the deodorant. Try a deodorant for sensitive skin.